By Chef. Michael Lee
- 4 Tbsp. of vegan margarine or olive oil
- 1 sliced green pepper, cored and seeded
- 1/2 sliced medium yellow onion
- 1 8-oz. pkg.
- 1/4 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 tsp. of celery flakes
- 1/4 tsp. of onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 7-oz. block
- 2 vegan French rolls, cut in half lengthwise
- Heat the oven approximately to 375˚ degrees.
- Melt 2 table spoons vegan margarine or olive oil in a large pot, pan or wok at medium heat. Add green pepper, onion and seitan and saute for approximately 4-6 minutes, or until the seitan is well heated. Add garlic powder, celery flakes, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer the ingredients to an oven-safe pan. Use the dairy-free provolone as toppings and melt the “cheese” in about 10 minutes.
- Melt the remaining vegan margarine in another pan on medium heat. Place the French rolls facing down in the pan and cook until lightly browned and crispy.
- Fill each roll with the seitan, green pepper, onion, and vegan cheese and serve.
Makes 2 servings